The full flexibility of the Medzone theme is provided through the front end customizer. With this you can easily build up your front page, control the color scheme of your site, adjust the typography setting and much more. To access the customizer you need to navigate to Appearance > Customize in your admin panel.
The customization options are divided into 5 categories:
- General Options
- Front page
- Additional CSS
1. General Options
- Logo : in the Medzone theme you can choose between an image or a text logo. The text logo is the default option, when uploading an image for this setting the text logo is overwritten by the image.
- Site Title : when an image logo is not used, this text is used instead.
- Tagline : this option will allow you to display your company's main goal, ideal.
- Site Icon : The Site Icon is used as a browser and app icon for your site. Icons must be square, and at least 512 pixels wide and tall.
- Search icon in the menu : enable or disable an additional search functionality for your site through a search icon next to your menu.
- Go to top button : enable a button that allows you to quickly scroll back to the top of the page.
Layout & Typography
- Blog Layout : set the layout for the blog pages, you can choose between a single and multi column display. If the default division between column widths is not suitable for your desired scenario you can use the small cogwheel in order to set a custom width for each column. If the width of the right column greatly exceeds the left one, the sidebar will move to the left column.(the custom column width feature is available only in the Pro version)
- Page Layout : set the layout for the rest of your site pages, similarly with a single or multi column display. This option also provides the custom width configuration, but only in the Pro version of the theme.
- Headings : with this you can set the blog headings font, set the text to bold, italic and also control the letter spacing.
- Paragraphs : this will allow you to control the blog paragraphs font, bold,italic settings and also the letter spacing.
- Current header : set an image for your blog header background.
- Post Meta Categories : This will disable the category section at the beginning of the post.
- Post Meta Author : This will show or hide the author information for the displayed post.
- Post Meta Tags : This will show or hide the tags section at the end of the post.
Colors (this tab is only available in the Pro version of the theme)
- This tab allows you to control the color scheme of your site. You can choose between sets of predefined color packages or define your own using the below options.
- Accent color #1 : set the main color of the theme.
- Accent color #2 : set the second main color of the theme.
- Text color : set the color of your paragraphs.
- Title color : set the color of your site titles.
- Contrast color : set the color used for paragraphs in a contrast background.
- Footer Background color : set the background color of your site footer.
- Footer Text color : set the color for the footer paragraphs.
- Footer Copyright Background color : set the background color of the copyright band.
- Footer Copyright Text color : set the color of your copyright band paragraphs.
- Footer columns : set the number of columns generated in your footer area.
- Copyright area : this controls the copyright band displayed after the footer, you can show or hide this section.(this is only available in the Pro version)
- Copyright text : the copyright text displayed under the footer.
2. Front page
- Static Front page : this allows you to choose the front page of your site, similar to the configuration area available in the admin panel Appearance > Reading.
- Front page sections : the front page of the Medzone theme is rendered through the use of sections. You can edit each one or add extra sections to the current list. The actual sections available will be presented in separate articles.
The menu is the primary navigation method available in your site, you can create any number of menus with the help of the `Add menu` button.
When adding a new menu you will need to configure:
- the menu name
- the items that will be assigned to this menu. These can be normal pages from your site or even external URLs
- the location in the theme your menu will be published in. The available locations are listed below
Menu location - Medzone offers two locations for your site navigation:
- Primary Navigation : select the menu that will be displayed in the header section of your site
- Footer Navigation : select the menu displayed in the footer section of your site
Widgets add content and features to your available sidebars. Examples are the default widgets that come with WordPress; for Categories, Tag cloud, Search, etc. Plugins will often add their own widgets. The Medzone theme provides several sidebars for publishing widgets:
- Blog sidebar
- Footer sidebar 1
- Footer sidebar 2
- Footer sidebar 3
- Footer sidebar 4
At the moment the Medzone theme provides only two widgets:
- Recent Posts : as the name suggests this will display a list of your most recent posts in your configured widget area. This widget is different from the default WordPress `Recent post` widget, it displays the post thumbnail/image as well.
- Feature doctors : this will display the main star of your doctors team.
5. Additional CSS
In this section you can add custom CSS definitions that will further style your page elements.